July 1st is just around the corner and many of us Canadians will be planning a BBQ….but you are doing so well on THM and don’t want to cheat and eat off plan…right??? You don’t have to.
We are still in the process of ironing out the details but below is my menu, I hope that you find it delicious and helpful
- Bacon, Cheddar and Onion Deviled Eggs
- Cherry tomato, baby bocconcini, and basil skewers
- alternate cherry tomato, baby bocconcini and small pieces of basil on a wooden skewer, drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar
- Jalapeno Poppers
- cut your jalapeno’s length-ways, remove seeds, fill with light cream cheese, wrap with bacon. Cook at 375° for about 30 minutes or until the bacon is cooked and a little crispy…….be warned, these are addictive
- BBQ Chicken thighs and legs with Sweet Southern BBQ Sauce
- Hasselback Zucchini
- Cauli Potato Salad – THM Cookbook Pg. 231 *tip* make this the day before and refrigerate, this salad gains flavor as its sits in the fridge overnight.
- Garlic Parmesan Knots
Psst! Just for fun…here are some fun Canadian facts for you
- 77% of the worlds Maple Syrup is made in Quebec
- Canada is the 2nd largest country in the world
- Canada consumes more macaroni and cheese than any other nation in the world
- Licence plates in the Canadian Northwest Territories are shaped like polar bears
- Canada’s official phone number is 1-800-O- Canada
Happy Canada Day, and go ahead, BBQ it up!